Guest Author: Kim White
When picking your Disney resort, you may feel overwhelmed. There are so many choices. You not only have different price and location categories, but you have choices within those categories.
So many times, I hear people’s concern about staying in a Value resort. They have a preconceived idea that their accommodations will be unsatisfactory because they are paying less. The word ‘Value’ when referring to your Disney resort does not mean unkempt or ‘sketchy’ as my daughter would say.
Value, simply means ‘more affordable’. Yes, you do compromise on some things, but rest assured, customer service and cleanliness are not one of those. What do you not get with a Disney Value resort room? Let me highlight some of the key issues:
- · *queen sized beds
- · *closets
- · *sleeping for more than 4 – unless you are staying at The Art Of Animation in a Family Suite or All-Star Music Family Suite
- · *table service restaurants
- · *balconies (these are limited throughout Disney anyway)
- · *The Art of Animation is the only Value resort that has room entrance on the inside
What do you get that the Moderate and Deluxe resorts also have?
- · *Disney customer service
- · *clean rooms and grounds
- · *great dining and food choices
- · *large pools
- · *free Wi-Fi
- · *mini – refrigerators
- · *participate in the Disney Dining Plans
- · *use of the Disney buses – Free transportation to/from the parks
- · *extra magic hours – hours the parks are open for resort guests only