Since it is the 15th Birthday of Disney’s “Animal Kingdom,” I thought I would write about my favorite 15 things we did today for the Celebration- enjoy!
(In no particular order)
1. The Opening Show was very exciting. From the parade of banners that listed the “Lands” to the “Festival of the Lion King” singer closing with “The Circle of Life”… it was a great moment to be a part of and we really enjoyed it. BONUS they put a huge Earth beach ball into the crowd and we all bounced it around- silly but fun.
2. The Merchandise and how it was handled. Sold at “Creature Comforts” which is the 2nd store on the left hand side in, we followed the line that reached all the way over the bridge into Africa. After an hour in line, we were finally inside. They had sheets to order from, then once you wrote the quantity you wanted, the ripped the top part off which held your number and then processed your order. Once you got to the other side of the Store, they had your bag ready, handed it to you, then directed you to the area of tables to check and make sure it’s what you want. Once they did that, they stapled your bag shut and then you went to the register and paid for it. All in all, it took and hour and a half to get, but it was easier to do it this way then have people rushing in and grabbing shirts and pins competitvely. I should also add they had CM’s holding the shirts, all sizes, so you could look at them and make sure the size was going to work for you- it was brilliant how they worked it- kudos to Disney!
3. Flame Tree BBQ– now it’s always a favorite, but today was special. Kyra, Jeff and I were the first in line so we got to open it officially- got a certificate and free cupcakes- fun magical moment for this day of all days!
6. The Exclusives. Today they offered another Conservation pin, but it was a special edition green framed one for the 15th Birthday Celebration. Did you know you can get all different colors of these at different Disney Parks, Cruises, and places? So cool! For a small donation, it was worth it to get another pin to our collection.
8. Tigers. Just because they are cool to watch.
Donations for Content
Going from “What If? to “Why Not” is my life motto and I work hard at living that every day. I share everything from moving to Florida to live near Disney World to road trips across the States. I love the cool, quirky, and crazy stuff that I can find on my Adventures, and every dollar you donate helps support my efforts and hard work. Thank you to ALL who support me!