A Look Back on our First Year in Florida… Emily’s POV
Hey guys! It’s Emily here. Can you belivive it is almost a year since we moved? I can hardly believe it!
Here are some things I miss, and don’t miss from Wisconsin.
1. I very much miss the snow. Most of my family don’t like it because it is cold and they have to shovel. I can understand from that! But since I’m a kid and I don’t have to worry about most of the troubles of snow, I Always built forts and made snowmen.
2. The seasons. In Wisconsin, Fall would have colorful leaves and in Spring it would be a nice cool temperature. In Florida, it is:
In some cities of Florida, you can see leaves change colors. I guess it just feels different when all you have is heat every day!
3. The bugs! Ew! I have seen bugs here that I don’t even think scientists have recognized. The worst part is finding them crawling around in your house. Luckily, we haven’t had any of those moments yet!
I do love a lot of things about Florida, too.
1. Disney World, of course! The fact that if we want to see Wishes after school at night is truly a miracle. If I ever have a bad day, then we can just go get a Dolwhip at Magic Kingdom!
2. Being able to swim longer! I am sure most of you know that I am a huge lover of swimming. I can do a lot of tricks now! Anyways, to the point. In Wisconsin we could only swim in the Summer. And when we did, Bee’s would ALWAYS come by for a little ‘visit’ to say hello. That was not pleasant. But here, we can mostly swim any time except in December through February! And we have our screening that covers our pool!
3. The friends! Even though we had the Blog in Wisconsin, we wouldn’t be able to say hi to fans because it is very rare that somebody would take a vacation down to Wisconsin. But here in Florida, I get to meet so many Friends that are my age! I got to meet a lot of my new best-friends including Halle and her brother Dairen, and soon Tom Farley! (Tom- I am very eager to meet you!)
Ok, enough of naming things! I will just talk about what I think- I guess!
Well, I love virtual school. The only bad thing for me is that teachers aren’t always there so if you need help with something, you will have to email them and then wait a day or two for a response, which puts you off track.
I am getting much better at swimming as I mentioned once before. When I first moved into this house, I couldn’t even swim! Then after a few months I could swim at the shallow end (Which is 3 feet) And then about a month or two ago, I finally am able to dive into the deep end which is around 5 or 6 feet deep! I can even jump in! Now that it is summer, I will be learning so many new tricks!
I have also done a lot of things in Florida besides Disney! I got to see the Hunger Games midnight showing, which was AMAZING! I get to go to the AMC and see the new upcoming movies for Disney like BRAVE! I can’t wait.
I already have a plentiful of brave books, and Merida’s bow and arrows! I’m very excited for it to come out this month!
Well I guess that is all!
It has been such a pleasure being able to meet and Email some of my new friends! You all have been so kind this year, I couldn’t thank you enough. Thank you for being my friends, and being here this whole time!