Home is not where you live but where they understand you. ~ Christian Morgenstern
Since we are coming up on our 1 week anniversary, we thought we would share more on why we want to move, what we are looking for when we move, and why we are blogging our adventures; not only 2 years before moving, but why we are blogging at all. Let’s get started!
1. WHY do we want to move to Florida?
- After every trip, and there have been countless one, Craig and I would come home and feel incredibly sad. Walt Disney World is not just some theme park, its contained magic in one place that fills our hearts with such joy that no other place has come close. The chance to be able to live close by to our favorite place, and KNOW we can go grab a Dole Whip after school or catch “Wishes” before bed that night… it’s priceless to us.
- We live in the Midwest, and we have been through some serious snow and ice storms. There was a point that I fell so hard on the ice in the driveway, that I remember looking up at the sky as I lay there thinking “I wouldn’t have to worry about an icy driveway in Florida.” The weather alone is reason to move there, in our eyes. It gets old trying to drive on the snowy roads, wearing numerous layers of clothes for months on end, and not being able to hear a bird sing or see a blade of grass for 6 months at a time. We want to step out of the house and smell the fresh air, feel the sun, and know that even when Florida gets its coldest, it will never compare to the cold we have been through here.
- Change is always a good thing. We aren’t the people who like the day in and day out of life. We like to change it up a bit and see new places, meet new people, and enjoy what we love best. We realize it won’t all be cotton candy and rainbows, but we will make sure that we take every bit of enthusiasm we can muster to make the change the best it can be.
2. What are we looking for when we move?
- First off, before we even set foot into the great state of Florida, Craig plans on getting his job and our new residence set up. We are NOT going into this blindly. Following your dream does not mean being foolish, that is why we are prepping for it now.
- We will be researching schools for our children so that we can find the best ones that best fit their needs.
- Our plan is to rent for the first year so that we can feel out the neighborhoods, the school, and if the city we choose is the right one for us. Once we have felt out everything, we plan to buy a home after everything is settled and rock solid.
- We will be researching everything and anything about the areas around Orlando, making sure to know WHAT we are in for.
3. Why blog 2 years beforehand, and why blog at all?
- Since we recently made the decision, we thought it would make sense to start our blog now, rather than later. This time allows us to meet people, get input from people who have done it and how they did it, encouragement when we have our hard days, and have a great time talking to other Disney friends on why we love WDW so much.
- Have you ever made a decision that you are SOOO excited about, you have to share it with the world? Well, that’s the reason for the blog. Once we made the official decision, we wanted to bring as many friends along with us for the journey.
We hope this has given you all a look on why we are doing this. We plan on adding a cliff notes version of this in our ‘About’ section as well. Have a wonderful day… don’t forget to live your dreams!
“A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” — Walt Disney